Below is the National Board of Directors for FY17
Bruce Lithgow, JD'94 - President
Lawrence Stein, AB'88 - VP
Chuck Schilke, AB'81 - At Large
Ahsan Shaikh, JD'05 - Bay Area Metro Chair (returning board member)
Katherine Malone, AB'06 -NY Metro Chair (returning board member)
Darrylyn Bakshi, MBA'97 - At Large (returning board member)
Victor King, AB'86 AM''86 - At Large (returning board member)
Jonathan Temps, AB'94 MBA'04, At Large (returning board member)
Annie Wang, AB'10--Chicago
Sara Ravich, JD/08--Chicago
Dana Vallera, JD'09--NYC
Mikaela Whitman, AB'05--NYC
Gavin Wasserman, JD'99--LA
Lauren Kramer, JD'08--Bay Area
Jeffrey Ostrow, AB'87--Bay Area
Michele Blay, JD'95--Bay Area
1. Write the monthly newsletters and submit to Communications Chairs (or establish a rotation of those board members who will write the newsletter at least once per year).
2. Plan and lead the monthly or quarterly board calls (decide on dates/times/agenda in collaboration with board members).
3. Contact all board members at least once per year to determine their interest in remaining on the board and role on the board.
4. Write the Annual Report in conjunction with the Vice President (and Past President, if applicable) and Staff Liaison
Vice President will:
1. Lead monthly board calls the event that the President cannot participate.
2. Work with each board member to help identify new members to the board among alumni who come to events, alumni friends, etc. by the beginning of the new year to begin recruitment.
3. Write the Annual Report in conjunction with the President and Staff Liaison
1. Take notes during monthly board calls and distribute to all board members.
In the event that the Secretary cannot attend the call, will send a request to other board members to enlist someone to take notes (upon receipt, will distribute).
2. Keep the meetings to the agenda and note any items that should be added to subsequent agendas.
1. Post the upcoming events on the group website / Facebook / other social media.
2. Select a date for deploying newsletters so that the board members know when to supply content.
3. Deploy newsletters.
Programming Chair will:
1. Organize a list of all events that will take place during the fiscal year with the lead volunteer’s name responsible for the event, city, and number of attendees.
2. Work with the Metro Chairs to develop ideas for new programs.
Metro Chair will:
1. Plan and execute events. All are encouraged to suggest events; work with Metro Chair.
2. Write the event description for the website and submit to the Communications Chair & the Programming Chair at least one month before the event based on the deployment date.
3. Send staff liaison list of attendees and any fees collected onsite.
Board member at Large will:
1. Support Metro Chairs in their region by helping with planning & executing events.